Hamilton’s heritage is in helping businesses manage their IT assets and meet their temporary technology demands, providing the latest hardware on a flexible rental contract, coupled with unsurpassed installation and engineering support.
Recognised in the industry as the leading provider of short-term computer rental and AV hire services, we provide our clients access to an enviable and comprehensive fleet of IT and AV equipment, event management services and a range of inventory management solutions.
Our team of professionals provides a broad range of services to help businesses manage their technology estates and meet business demands.
Timeline a brief history
- 1972: Hamilton Rentals was incorporated in 1972, providing short term rental of electronic office, computer and Audio Visual and test and measurement equipment.
- 1987: Hamilton Rentals is acquired by Atlantic Computers.
- 1990: Hamilton Rentals was subject to a management buyout in 1990 following the closure of Atlantic and Atlantic’s parent, British and Commonwealth Merchant Bank.
- 1997: The company is acquired by Stock Exchange listed Compel Group plc. Hamilton grows through competitor acquisition, acquiring Computer Micro Rentals and the rental division of P&P Micro.
- 2003: Hamiton Rentals expands further, acquiring a major competitor Syscap Rental.
- 2005: Hamilton grows through acquiring another major competitor Hire IT.
- 2007: Following the acquisition of Compel by private equity funded 2e2 in 2007, Hamilton Rentals is subject to a management buyout (MBO) in July 2008.
- 2010: Hamilton Rentals expands it service proposition establishing a division called Hamilton Asset Management. The new division specialises in the provision of whole of life IT asset management services including secure data erasure/destruction, IT recycling, resale of refurbished equipment and full audit final disposition, compliant with environmental legislation.
- January 2011: Hamilton Rentals is acquired by the XTG Group a global IT broker.
- August 2013: Hamilton Rentals was subject to a Management Buy Out (MBO) and split from Xchange Technology Group.
- February 2017: In February 2017 Hamilton Rentals was acquired by Bell Integration. Bell and Hamilton Rentals are of the shared belief that combining forces will enable further growth of the businesses by extending customer base, creation of cross-selling opportunities and facilitating access to improved financing arrangements for Hamilton Rentals.
- Late 2017: Bell Integration opens Saxon House, a purpose built warehouse and engineering resource in Wokingham.
- Early 2018: Bell Integration wins ADISA Award for Best ITAD 2018
- Mid 2018: Bell wins 2018 IBM Client Award for its ground-breaking work with Sportradar
- Late 2018: Bell Integration are proud to have been recognised by Oracle as Linux EMEA Partner of the Year 2018
- Late 2018: Bell achieve ISO27001 (Security Management) to ensure that all the legal, physical and technical controls to manage information risk are in place
- Mid 2019: Bell opens a new Singapore office to further extend their APAC coverage and service their existing customers