GDPR - our approach
How is Hamilton Rentals preparing for the GDPR?
We are committed to being prepared ahead of the May 25, 2018 GDPR compliance date, this will ensure we are in the best position to support our global, enterprise customer base and our supplier/vendors network. Includinging a company-wide initiative to ensure we are ready to satisfy our own GDPR requirements as well as those of our customers and vendors.
The initiative will include:
- Updated privacy notices
- update of supplier terms and agreements to ensure any processors or sub-processors will be GDPR compliant
- Marketing excercises - ensuring GDPR compliance for all customer and prospect data including the ability for contacts to action those rights incorporated in GDPR
- Employee training in GDPR
- Updated Data Protection policy reflecting GDPR
- Creation of data register, outlining the personal data Bell Integration holds and where
- Hamilton Rentals are proud to be part of Bell Integration who are in the process of securing ISO27001 accreditation. This relates to information security and does overlap with some areas of GDPR. Once in place, this actually means Hamilton Rentals and Bell Integration will be operating at a level over and above that required by GDPR in information security related areas.
We are confident in our ability to adjust to GDPR standards in the coming year and to help our community of customers and suppliers to do the same.
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is set to come into effect on May 25th and is the European Union's (EU) next generation of data protection law. This will replace the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive and aims to strengthen the security and protection of personal data. We value data security and privacy and are preparing for this deadline
Who will be impacted by the GDPR?
Any organisation with headquarters in the EU and also organisations with headquarters ouside of the EU that offer goods or services to EU businesses will find the GDPR applies to them.
GDPR Frequently Asked Questions
Why have you emailed me about data protection?
We hold your details on our database in relation to marketing communications purposes, we now legally need to obtain your consent to continue to use and process the information and communicate with you about our services.
Why do you need my consent?
Without your consent we can no longer send you marketing communications which you might find of interest
What happens if I don't consent?
Your contact details will be held in our system in a suppression list to ensure that you do not receive any further communications. Under your statutory right to be forgotten we will completely remove your details from our database upon request.
How long do you keep my details for?
If you grant us consent we will keep your details whilst our service is still relevant and whilst you wish us to continue to send you marketing communications. You can withdraw your consent by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
What if I later want to withdraw consent?
You can withdraw consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications. To explicitly opt-in to communications please provide the consent required on any of our website forms.
Where can I learn more about GDPR?
The Information Commissioner?s Office has full and complete details, which can be found here
Should you have any further questions around Hamilton Rentals and Bell?s approach to GDPR, please feel free to email these to: email@example.com