Hamilton Rentals Corporate, Social Responsibility and Sustainability Policy
Hamilton Rentals is accredited to BSI ISO 9001: 2008 (Quality) and ISO 14001: 2004 (Environment).
The management believes in the principle that businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human right and make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses and that it is important to demonstrate how the organisation is moving from compliance to ongoing improvement by embedding sustainability throughout.
Hamilton Rentals is engaged on a program with the key groups outlined below to develop and maintain our corporate, social responsibility and sustainability.
- Business stakeholders (including clients, suppliers and business partners)
- Local Community
Hamilton Rentals aims to achieve sustained and profitable growth by providing products and services to meet or exceed the expectations of its customers. The company will accomplish these aims by maintaining an effective Quality Management System.
The Quality Management System is compliant with the requirements of a recognised international quality standard - ISO 9001:2008. This covers the company?s provision of Information Technology services to major computer users.
It is important for the organisation to meet its Customers? regulatory requirements at all times.
The objectives of the Quality Management System are to:
- maintain a quality assurance system compliant with the ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management Standard
- endeavour to maximise customer satisfaction with the products and services provided
- continually review and improve where required, company procedures, processes and business functions
- minimise customer complaints and non-compliances and improve efficiency of our products and services
Hamilton Rentals recognises the need to protect and preserve the environment for our own and future generations. The Company will strive to ensure that it operates in a responsible manner, with due concern for the environment and the community at large.
The nature of Hamilton?s business has a minimal impact on the environment, although there are a number of ways in which it can contribute towards environmental protection. These include responsible disposal of packaging, efficient use of fuel, recycling of materials wherever practicable, and the safe disposal of electronic equipment.
Hamilton?s primary business is the short term hire of computer equipment. This is a form of recycling ?utilising the same assets for multiple application. The end of life point for rental assets is typically shorter than for capital assets so the rental assets are eminently saleable thus prolonging their working life.
Hamilton is committed to continual improvement and prevention of pollution as outlined in its Environmental Management System for international environmental standard IS0 14001: 2004.
The objectives of the Environmental Management System are to:
- create and maintain throughout Hamilton Rentals a strategy for using environmentally responsible suppliers of goods and services
- review the water usage in Hamilton Rentals offices and maintain a plan for conservation
- reduce the energy consumption in Hamilton Rentals offices
- create a system to promote the use of non-paper based product delivery and document storage and archive system
- improve quality and environmental performance by the introduction of comprehensive controls for environmental performance
Hamilton Rentals is registered with the Environment Agency under Environmental Permitting exemption 2.1.1 S2 - Storage of Waste in a Secure Place
Hamilton Rentals provides innovative ideas and implements them to the ongoing benefit of a number of charitable organisations as well as supporting the local community. The Company encourages and supports staff initiatives in working hours.
- Help For Heroes - Donor
- Wounded In Service Events (WISE) - Donor
- CommunityUK.net - Donor and official IT Partner
- Marina Dalglish Appeal - Donor
- Local Youth Football club - Sponsor
- Save the Children Fund - Christmas Jumper Day
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Samaritans Purse - Operation Christmas Child
- Macmillan Cancer Support - World's Biggest Coffee Morning
- Local Voluntary Support Group, People Help The People - Donor
- Farleigh Hospice - sponsored Director cycles 55KM
- Rugby For Heroes - Donor
- Action Against Cancer - Donor
- Cancer Hair Care - Donor
The Company is registered as an Upper Tier Waste Carrier Broker and Dealer, Registration No.: CB/JE5194XC
Company cars and fuel cards have been withdrawn. This encourages economic use of fuel, the use of public transport and car sharing. The use of telephone conferencing is required wherever it is a practical alternative to physical attendance.
Home working and remote conferencing facilities are encouraged to reduce fuel consumption from staff travelling to and from one work location.
Total Asset Management
This a programme of whole of life asset management Hamilton Rentals provides to its customers.
This includes asset tracking from purchase to disposition including certified data erasure.
Hamilton has a 0% landfill target so redundant assets are either disposed of via refurbishment and resale for profit or for charitable donation or final disposal via Authorised Treatment Facilities.
Hamilton Rentals is registered with the Environment Agency for T11 exemption ? The Repair or Refurbishment of WEEE and is an Upper Tier Waste Carrier, Broker, Dealer.
Hamilton Rentals evaluates its suppliers to establish their attitudes and policies relating to diversity and corporate, social responsibility.
Equal Opportunities and Anti Harassment
The Company is committed to the recruitment and employment of individuals on the basis of their qualifications, skills and experience for the work they are to perform. It recruits, employs and promotes regardless of an individual?s age, sex, sexual orientation or re-assignment, marital status, colour, race, nationality, disability, ethnic or national origins, religious beliefs or political opinion.
Company Policies and Procedures are committed to:
- ensuring that no job applicant or existing employee receives less favourable treatment than another
- protecting all employees from harassment. Harassment is any conduct of a nature unwanted by the recipient which infringes his or her dignity as a person
- making the most effective use of existing employees? skills and help them to develop new ones
- attract, retain, and motivate high calibre individuals
- protect the safety and well-being of all employees
The Company?s employees play a crucial role in ensuring business success. Whilst Employees are recruited taking into account their existing experience and skills, Hamilton Rentals? policy is to ensure that all employees are competent to carry out and improve upon their skills or acquire new ones to allow them to perform their duties effectively at all stages of their employment and progress through the company.
Formal skills training required to maintain third party accreditations are provided to employees engaged in the activities that demand these skills and cross training is encouraged to widen the knowledge base and provide career advancement to individuals.
Statutory training is provided for Quality, Health and Safety and Information Security and for employees who are involved in activities where they handle waste, training on the Hierarchy of Waste is mandatory.
Security screening and specialist security training are mandatory for staff engaged in information security services delivery.
Whilst encouraging training for skills that are portable to employees moving to positions with other organisations, Hamilton employee turnover is very low so the investment in training provides a very worthwhile return.
- Determines the necessary competence for personnel performing work affecting product quality or that has environmental impacts
- Provides training or takes other action to satisfy these needs
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the actions taken
- Ensures Staff are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the Company?s objectives
- Provides and funds formal training for third party accreditation and
- Maintains appropriate records of education, training, skills and experience.
Health and Safety
As a responsible employer, Hamilton Rentals seeks to carry out all statutory duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, to prepare and keep revised a written statement of Health & Safety Policy.
It is the responsibility of the Company management, to ensure that the working environment is safe and without significant risks to health and safety and meets the appropriate statutory requirements. It is recognised that all levels of employee have a vital role to play in the implementation and maintenance of the health and safety programme, for the premises and other locations where employees are at work.
Company Policies and Procedures are committed to:
- maintaining safe and healthy working conditions
- preventing accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- ensuring that all employees are competent to undertake their tasks and to give them adequate training
- Providing sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision for all employees and trainees
- Ensure the safe handling, use and control of hazardous substances
- provide and maintain safe plant and work equipment
- consult employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
Security Policy Statement
The Management and Employees within all departments and divisions of Hamilton Rentals Ltd are committed to a policy of providing systems which are secure in the management of both Internal and External information, maintaining confidentiality, availability and integrity.
All contractors and third party users who have any form of access to these systems shall commit to the same policy.
This policy is achieved by the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) which encompasses physical security as well as electronic or paper based data, whether it is internal - personal or company or external - client, prospective client, supplier or business partner; whether accessed via a local or wide area network. All information will be protected from unauthorised exposure.
The ?Policy and Good Practice Guide for Computer Use? (now called the Information Security Policy) issued to all employees is supplementary to the ?Conditions of Employment and contains the conventions around security of information.
Business continuity in case of a disaster is maintained via implementation of the ?Business Continuity Management System?
The consequences of violations of the information security policy cannot be overstated as they may result not just in monetary loss but loss of reputation and ultimately in the closure of the business.
The Management will commit the resources, provide the necessary education and training, endorse and enforce the policies, the changes and ongoing scrutiny and continuous improvements to the ISMS - including disciplinary action for breach of these policies - thereby ensuring that Hamilton Rentals is seen to be and can demonstrate that it is, an organisation that can be trusted to maintain the security of its stakeholder?s data.
The Company is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity in its business activities in the UK and overseas. This policy outlines the Company?s position on preventing and prohibiting bribery, in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010. The Company will not tolerate any form of bribery by, or of, its employees, agents or consultants or any person or body acting on its behalf. Senior management is committed to implementing effective measures to prevent, monitor and eliminate bribery.