Rental vs Purchase: What's the deal?
AV & IT Rental makes perfect sense when the equipment is only needed for a short period of time and therefore does not justify purchase.
Sourcing new IT or AV equipment can be a lengthy process and see you working to tight budgets often involving compromising on spec and power or sacrificing large chunks of budget with on-going hardware support and the possibility that the chosen solution is just not quite right for the job in hand - all to be repeated when the hardware goes end of life, leaving you back at the start of the project.
Or perhaps you need additional hardware but only for short term projects, like training, migration, testing or a sudden peak in workloads?
Customers use AV and IT hire for a huge variety of reasons including:
- Evaluations, benchmarking & testing
- Try before you buy
- Short Term Projects
- Software development & testing
- Server consolidation & migration
- Exhibitions or trade shows
- Sporting events
- Government elections
- Product launches
- Using OPEX not CAPEX - Conserves cash flow
- Relocations, data Moves & site Moves,
- Swing Kit
- Extra capacity for peak workloads
- Training courses
- Seminars and Conferences
- Resilience (During Maintenance/ upgrades)
- Solutions to long delivery lead-times
- To avoid adverse weather conditions
- For film premiers
- For AGMs
- To save on fuel costs avoid driving to meetings
- Reduce pollution and meet to ISO14001 accreditation
- Disaster recovery, disease, theft, fire & flood
- Opportunity to rent and then buy (Try before you Buy)
- For Support which is included as standard
- To source hard to find or end of life products
What are the Advantages of IT Rental
A vast range of fleet items means you can have access quickly and efficiently to a number of solutions, and just sometimes only an older end of life piece of equipment can do the job - we work with a wide range of suppliers to find the products you need. Which helps companies maintain their competitive advantage.
Flexible rental contracts put you in control and ensures you have the equipment you need when and where you need it and allows you to return the equipment early, extend the hire or even purchase the solution. All whilst safe in the knowledge that you can expand or reduce the solution to fit within your project constraints.
Upgrade / Refresh
A new and higher spec model has just been released but your budget just wont stretch - rental gives you the option to upgrade or refresh part way through your contract
Hamilton Rentals team of qualified engineers test and configure the equipment prior to shipping and provide support for the duration of the rental and are on hand to help with any hardware queries or issues.
Avoid Budget constraints
Capital may not always be available to buy the equipment you need. Unlike purchase, rental can be Operating Expenditure with flexible payment terms.
Whether you require a bespoke network, a large server or just a few extra PCs, iPads or laptops, AV & IT rental is a real and cost effective way to meet your short-term needs without compromise.