IBM VDS Evaluation
An IBM Virtualised Disk Solution (VDS) from Hamilton Rentals can help your business achieve a dynamic storage infrastructure, simplifying management while potentially reducing costs.
Over time, many traditional multi-vendor storage infrastructures can become inefficient, under-utilised and cumbersome, making them complex and costly to run.
IBM VDS is designed to respond and adapt instantly to your business requirements, thereby helping to increase storage utilisation levels.
The VDS presents storage capacity as a consolidated whole, regardless of its physical location. With a logical pool of resources existing virtually, it is possible to improve storage utilisation and simplify its management which could greatly reduce hardware and management costs.
Building a simpler, more responsive IT infrastructure
Designed to combine storage capacity from multiple disk systems into a reservoir of capacity that can be managed more efficiently, IBM VDS offers a number of potential benefits.
- Control Costs
VDS is an affordable enterprise-class storage virtualisation solution suitable for all sizes of storage environment. It enables businesses to control costs by managing disk storage more efficiently. Storage utilisation can be up to 30% better than a traditional disk system. A leaner, more efficient infrastructure can also result in lower energy costs as power and cooling requirements decrease.
- Simplified Management
An IBM VDS is simple to implement and use. What’s more, virtual resources are easier to manage as they do not involve moving equipment or making physical connections. This enables administrators to focus on the information itself and how it can be used.
- Increased Control
Storage virtualisation allows configuration changes without any downtime, thus improving application availability. Storage is matched against the business requirement and increasing capacity becomes simple, whether adding one virtualised disk or hundreds.
Hamilton Rentals are IBM’s exclusive loan and rental partner for IBM’s POWER & System Storage products providing a range of programs to IBM and its Business Partners.
This highly flexible service enables IBM and partners to offer customers the opportunity to evaluate and test IBM technology.
The benefits of IBM VDS:
- Manage disk storage more efficiently, save space and reduce cost
- The IBM VDS is designed to increase storage utilisation by up to 80%, helping control costs
- Improves flexibility through enabling a tiered storage environment in which the cost of storage can be better matched to the value of the data
- Storage management is simplified through automation which improves administrator productivity and application availability
- An IBM VDS gives improved return on investment, maximising the value to your business
- Host application are insulated from changes to the physical storage infrastructure and enables almost instant recovery from disk backup improving data accessibility
- Combine storage capacity from multiple vendors for centralised management
- Apply common network-based copy services across storage systems without interruption to applications
- Supports consolidated disaster recovery servicing more than one production location
Contact us for more information:
Or simply Request a Quote
or Contact our sales team
Hamilton Rentals are the world's leading IT rental company providing Computer Rental, IT Hire, Laptop Rental, Server Rental, AV Rental, iPad Hire, Plasma Rental, Software Rental, Event Management, Ex Rental Sales, IT Asset Management, Data Destruction, Data Center Relocation, WEEE IT Recycling & Disposal